Medicaid members who lack access typically show up in the ER or do nothing at all. Often these members have routine healthcare needs or may suffer from chronic conditions. Mobility and lack of community behavioral health providers contribute to exacerbation of issues. All these factors drive up the cost of care and effect quality ratings.
For over a decade American Well has been making it easy for our health plan partners to significantly extend access and more holistically care for members by augmenting existing local networks.
Watch this webinar to learn how telehealth can help your health plan:
- Drive down costs by offering an easy, convenient option to access care
- Divert members away from costly ERs for routine care
- Extend local network availability by offering night time and weekend coverage
- Provide behavioral health services with access to therapists, psychologists, and physiatrists
- Address the unique access challenges of Medicaid members, particularly in rural areas
- Manage chronic conditions via more frequent touches
- Create a more integrated and coordinated member experience