Best-in-Class Telehealth Technology
Our technology combines a rich user experience, deep healthcare integration, advanced analytics, and defense-grade security. The result is the industry’s only telehealth platform that enables integrated care delivery across an entire healthcare system, or even between systems.
American Well’s unique infrastructure allows organizations to develop a telehealth offering that goes beyond urgent care. Create virtual practices that mirror existing brick-and-mortar locations and specialty departments, or create totally new online-only practices – all under your own unique brand.
American Well’s off-the-shelf and custom integrations make it easy for doctors to get access to the right data at the right time. Our robust suite of APIs and web services create a seamless relationship between our platform and your system of record—including bidirectional exchange of information with EMRs.
American Well’s Exchange enables our clients and partners to connect and exchange services with one another, instantly. The Exchange connects every stakeholder in the industry – those who seek care, deliver care, and pay for it – to make healthcare more accessible. Patients get the opportunity to see renowned specialists and doctors get the opportunity to see new patients.
Our multiway video solution is another industry first. It enables joint doctor appointments for more immediate team-based care of patients. Multiway video allows a patient or doctor to invite other participants, such as a specialist, family member, caregiver, or language translator, into a live, video visit.
We offer on-demand and scheduled online doctor visits for mobile and web. Patients can use on-demand for acute care, or with the self-scheduling option, get care at a time that fits into their schedule. Providers can use dedicated telehealth time slots to fit in more visits.
Insight puts information from any outside system in front of a doctor during a telehealth visit — patient history, gaps in care, and disease management checklists. Insight even extends to content that is relevant to entire populations — referral instructions, prescription guidelines, and wellness program updates go live to providers immediately.
We operate three coastal world-class data centers using carrier grade infrastructure. Our security and privacy program is built to the highest standards and has passed extensive federal security audits.
A Richer Experience for Everyone
American Well sets out to make telehealth a great experience for patients and doctors. Our features give patients even more ways to access care, while functionalities help doctors seamlessly integrate telehealth into their existing practices.
- Live video visits on mobile and web
- EMR integration
- eRX and medication history through Surescripts
- Real-time patient data
- iPhone provider mobile app
- Secure messaging
- Provider-initiated visits
- Enhanced availability modes – AskMe mode makes doctors potentially available without committing to an appointment
- Accept/decline visits on mobile
- Mobile pre-visit review and post-visit wrap-up
- Mobile secure messaging
- Enhanced scheduling tools – on demand or scheduled
- Telephone visits via the concierge service
- Guidelines to treat entire populations through Insight API
- Invite additional participants to a visit with multiway video
- Sidekick app to snap photos and send to consulting providers
- Live video visits on web and mobile
- Telephone visits via the concierge service
- Co-pay management
- Apple Health integration
- Patient PHR/visit record
- Ability to review provider profiles
- Real-time insurance eligibility
- Ability to choose the provider you already see
- Image sharing
- Google Maps pharmacy selection
- Access to practices and service lines like medical, behavioral health, and diet/nutrition
- All-new web experience
- Enhanced medical history intake
- Self-scheduling – by preferred date or doctor
- Invite caregivers and family to a visit with multiway video
- Pre-visit chat in the app
- Share your visit summary with your PCP
Curbside Consults Just Keep Getting Better
The Telemed Tablet has revolutionized traditional telemedicine consults by increasing access to scarce clinical resources across health systems. Specialists can be called to any patient’s bedside for real-time provider-to-provider consults.
Our mobile app, Sidekick, supplements a live video consultation with images taken on the iPhone. Doctors can now easily snap and send pictures of EKGs, Xrays, patient history, and more to a specialist consulting through our Telemed Tablet. Images are not saved or stored after the visit, protecting patient privacy and ensuring compliance.